1. parents coming for a
2. we get to watch our Hawkeyes start Big 10 play and hopefully score us a WIN
3. couples baby shower for my sis and bro-in-law with friends and family...should be a chaotic, fun night...
Bootcamp and a Treadmill Tempo Run for my halfmarathon training.
(wearing Under Armour Tank/Capris, Mizuno Inspire Shoes)Eats:
I was watching a cooking show on the Food Network the other day and they were cooking shrimp with coconut and curry. I had it on as background noise so I have no idea who it was, but I was intrigued so I scoured the "internets" and combined things here and there for my simple version of Coconut Curry Shrimp with Spinach
Coconut Curry Shrimp with Spinach
- Shrimp( I get mine deveined and tail off already to minimize work)
- 2 tblsp Coconut Milk- I used Thai Lite Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp of Curry Powder- I like curry but not a strong curry taste...you can add more if you want
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach, I used 3 handfuls of fresh spinach and 1 handful of frozen spinach
- 1 handful of Schwan's frozen red peppers and diced onions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Add a tblsp of coconut oil to your frying pan
Add frozen peppers and diced onions, cook until thawed and caramelized
Mix your curry powder and coconut milk
Add in shrimp to your pan and cook till opaque
Depending on how you like your spinach you can either add it with the shrimp(spinach will get really "mushy") or after your shrimp have cooked a little bit and then add it(less mushy)
Before I am ready to serve, I add the curry powder and coconut milk combo, heat for a minute or so, and then serve
Powered by Recipage
Do you like curry? I have been really using it a lot of things...don't know why I haven't before!
Disclaimer: Although I am a NETA Certified Personal Trainer, Regisered Yoga Teacher, and Certified Nutrition Coach you should consult a physician before starting any exercise program or diet plan. If you choose to do any of the workouts featured on this website, you do so at your own risk